So did it make you cringe to see the word ‘Winter’ in the headline? Fear not—these fabric winter wreath ideas will take a bit off the chill off and add some warmth to your home! This year, I am loving the ice blue– it is a bold and bright hue in an otherwise drab time of year! It is important to surround yourself with bright colors during the long grey months of winter, find your favorite color combinations in our online fabric store and get started on your winter wreath this instant! (After you make a mammoth mug of hot cocoa with marshmallows, that is!).
Add some white snow effects, fabric flowers and other embellishments to your wreath!
How to make the cute batting flower on the wreath above:
You will need:
• Fabric of choice
• Hot glue gun
• 3 half ball button covers (more if desired)
• Your trusty needle & thread
• 3 hair clips
What to do:
• Cut out batting. Create three 3.5” circles and three 2.5” circles.
• Layer the smaller circles over the larger ones and stitch an X into the center, securing them together. Sew over your X a couple of times to create a flake effect and additional security.
• Cover the button forms with the fabric of your choice, like the ice blue dots above. This is a great craft because you may update the fabric and embellishments for every season. Example: Just remove the batting snowballs and replace with fresh fabric flowers when spring arrives!
• Next, hot glue the fabric buttons to the batting flakes/flowers. Are snow flowers the opposite of sunflowers?
• Now hot glue the hair clip to the back of each finished flower. This way, you may clip it onto the wreath and remove it anytime!
Lastly, another use for your tee shirt pom poms!