At J&O Fabrics, we enjoy filling the holiday season with crafts and sales! Now you can get a discount on our soft felt fabric to finish your list of Christmas crafts! Uses for craft felt fabric in December are endless, like this simple no sew Christmas tree skirt.
Add a personal touch to the bottom of the tree this year with a no-fuss and no sew tree skirt! Get started by taking advantage of our felt fabric sale online!
You will need:
- Felt fabric. Choose a color that compliments or contrasts with your tree in an eye-catching way.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Optional: Felt snowflakes (or cut out your own!), sequins, ribbons, stars, pom-pom ribbon trim, glitter Mod-Podge for snow effect.
What to do:
- Measure how far outward you want the felt blanket to emerge from the trunk of the Christmas tree, mark fabric.
- Carefully draw the circle for the tree skirt by folding it into quarters and cutting a rounded edge. Before unfolding, slice off the tip to make a circle-shaped hole in the center for the tree trunk.
- Unfold gently and cut a small strip to form an opening to place the skirt onto the tree easily. Position this gap in the rear of the tree and cover it with gifts to hide it.
- If you want the effect of a sparkly first snow, paint a layer of glitter Mod-Podge over the felt.
- While the Mod-Podge is still wet, you are free to add on any other embellishments for the skirt!
- If adding trim, apply with a hot glue gun to ensure sturdiness as gifts are shuffled about.
- Allow to dry completely, and allow us to see your finished projects on J&O Fabrics Facebook!
More tree skirt inspirations:
Felt Holly leaf
A place for Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen…and the rest of those fuzzy guys.
Post by J&O Fabrics