In today’s world of emails, Tweets and Facebook communications, the old-fashioned letter in the mail is a rare and endangered species! For the special occasions when actual physical mail is more appropriate, why not send something a bit more special, like these fabric envelopes? This no-sew craft is simple and addictive, so be prepared with a few different decorative fabrics from our online store!
The recipient will be pleasantly surprised when they peel open this fancy envelope! Sending mail to a sports fan? Use our official NFL fabric!
You will need:
- Decorative fabric from J&O (of course!)
- Heat and bond adhesive paper for fabric
- Glue stick for paper
- Printable template
What to do:
- Once you have received your fabric order, you are ready to go postal!
- Print off the template for this project and cut it out carefully.
- Also cut out a piece of heat and bond fabric large enough for the template.
- Iron the heat and bond to the fabric
- Allow to cool
- Peel off the white backing and pin the template to fabric and cut out.
- Slide the fabric into the envelope with the heat bond side down.
- Line up with the glue on the edges of the envelope, leaving enough room to close it!
- Finally, secure the fabric to the envelope with an iron. Be careful not to over-heat the glue, it can melt!
Pro-tip: Crease the envelope while it is still warm!
Post by J&O Fabrics